Statement of Commitment
HK Electrical Engineers, LLC (HK) is a provider of design services. HK’s livelihood depends upon meeting or exceeding each client’s expectations of service throughout the design and construction of our projects. Each of HK’s design staff are required to attend at least two technical seminars and trade shows per year and each has attended at least ten seminars on client service, and understands that as issues and challenges come up in the design process, several questions need to be answered:
- What are the best options we can propose for potential solutions, and what are the pros and cons of each? This must include all pertinent variables such as: ease of operation and maintenance, short and long term cost impacts, and how it meets the owners’ short and long term technological and operational goals including expansion capacities.
- What is the best way to convey this information using the technical capacities of the recipient? This must take into account the audience relative to their prospective (operations, maintenance, security management, financial, etc.), and the form of conveyance (memo, meeting, formal letter, report, etc.).
- How fast can this issue be professionally and accurately addressed? This must be presented as a realistic time and date that the design team can meet (ASAP is meaningless).
- Is this “A Moment of Truth?” HK defines “A Moment of Truth” as an opportunity that occasionally presents itself which allows the designer or project engineer to separate himself/herself from the pack by excelling in his/her response or approach to the challenge. This may be in response to an issue during construction wherein an engineer, not trained in dealing with conflicts or inadequately supported by a firm might attempt to hide, run-forcover, point to the other guy, etc. HK views these “Moments of Truth” as points in a designer’s carrier that allow one to show his/her character and, wherever possible, find a win-win solution. Nothing less than taking a proactive and positive approach to problem solving is acceptable. HK principals believe that, although expanding our firm’s client base is important, continuing to exceed the expectations of our current clients is imperative. HK’s repeat and referral business has consistently exceeded 95% of our revenue since 1997. To maintain the level of service our clients have come to expect, HK will continue our existing hiring practices, which require significant educational and project design background. HK does not “power-up” and “power-down” every time a project comes in. HK has in the past turned down projects that either exceed HK’s ability to successfully execute, or do not fit within with HK’s long-term business plan, and we will continue to do so in the future. It is this continuity of personnel and commitment to service that has brought HK to what it is today, and will allow us to continue into the future with strength and loyalty from our clients.
The philosophy of HK Electrical Engineers, LLC (HK) in project assignment is that innovative design and appropriate product selection can only be accomplished through the application of continuing education, years of experience, hard work, and a dedicated design team effort. HK requires that all design team members have at least 12 years of experience in designing systems of the type they are assigned. Our CAD (Computer Aided Drafting) and secretarial staff are also required to have at least eight years of experience in their areas of expertise.
To remain current on changing codes and changes in technologies, HK’s design team members are required to take continuing education courses and/or attend a minimum of two product symposiums per year. HK’s commitment to education and product research is reflected in their annual expenditure of more than 2% of gross revenue. HK’s philosophy with regard to education is that by making the commitments and investments listed above, our designs:
- Address the specific needs of our clients for their unique applications.
- Provide solid, well-defined contract documents for competitive bidding by contractors.
- Provide seamless integration between technologies and subsystems.
- Provide state-of-the-art solutions to technological challenges utilizing proven technologies.
- Provide systems that are easy for operators and maintenance personnel to use and maintain.
- Provide systems that are readily expandable and modifiable with built-in flexibility.
- Provide systems that are within the owners’ budgetary constraints.
HK believes that the sophistication and complexity of an integrated system should be transparent to the user. These complexities should be limited to within the program that runs the system. From the users’ perspective, “Simpler is Better.”